KASNEB Portal Detailed Guide: Finance, accountancy, management, governance, Information Technology; some of the hottest courses a progressive dreamer wants to relate to. Indeed, there’s a reason why.
First, I haven’t heard of an organization, institution or an enterprise that doesn’t need the knowledge of these four areas. That company needs an accountant or a management system or a financial expert etcetera.
Which is why these professionals are becoming a gem in the rough. With that said, are you aspiring to join this community to learn?
But stranded on how to register to KASNEB online? Do you want to check a few things with the KASNEB portal without necessarily walking into the physical offices?
Fine. The KASNEB portal carries all the answers to your queries. And, yes you will be able to do lots of stuff on the portal.
Let’s bring this into sharp focus. I will walk you through the details on how you can register, confirm results and perform other tasks on the KASNEB portal.
Sound good. Okay, let’s pick off.
What is KASNEB
KASNEB is the sole professional examinations body mandated by the government of Kenya to certify candidates in accountancy, finance, credit, governance, management, and information technology among many related disciplines.
The abbreviation is a contraction of the Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board.
To undertake an exam with KASNEB, you need to have at least done and passed professional examinations, at the degree level, or diploma level or a certificate level.
KASNEB Online Registration and Application.
The previous registration procedure was obviously a hard job. You were supposed to fill in some paperwork collected at various centers.
The duly filled forms would be then sent to the headquarters in Nairobi for review and consideration. That was a long, tiring and most importantly boring process.
Today, things have changed – within just a few steps, one is able to do these stuff.
Here is a crisp process on how to create KASNEB student portal login account;
- Go to the official KASNEB website. Check this quick link to the website.
- Click on the students’ portal on the top of the homepage.
- You will find that the portal page opens up with two pages; whether you want to sign up or sign in.
- Select on the signup option. Because you are definitely not registered; then pick the new student registration
- You should see a registration form popping up. Fill the details as indicated on the form – your name, date of birth, email, phone number, etc. make sure that you enter this pieces of information right and correct.
- Created a password
- You will receive a verification link on your email from KASNEB. The body also notifies you about the registration you did on Phone.
- Follow that link you were sent on email. Use it to confirm your account.
KASNEB Requirements for Registration.
You don’t just register on KASNEB without a close look into your academic performance. At least have a grade D+ (Plus) for Technicians examinations.
The technician’s exam includes ATC, ICTT, IST, and CMT.
People wanting to undertake professional examinations such as the CPA, CPS, ICT, CCP, and CSIA must have a KCSE mean grade of C+ (plus).
The following is a more detailed criterion to qualify for a KASNEB course:
For Professional Examinations.
- A KCSE mean grade of C+ or equivalent grade
- Have a Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education, KACE, coming with two principal passes. You must have had credit in mathematics and English in your KCE
- You have a Degree from a recognized degree
- You have other certificates approved by KASNEB
For Diploma Courses.
- A minimum KCSE mean grade of a C- (Minus) or equivalent qualification
- You have IGCSE certificate with a D+ or any other KASNEB technician certification recognized and approved by KASNEB
Also Read: Kenyatta University Student Portal Guide
KASNEB Student Portal Services.
KASNEB portal comes as a hub for a variety of services of the examination body. You will be able to have access to the following courses:
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Certified Secretaries (CS)
- Certified Information and Communication Technologists (CICT)
- Certified Credit Professionals (CCP)
- Certified Investment and Financial Analysts (CIFA)
- Accounting Technician Diploma (Diploma program)
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology (DICT)
- Diploma in Credit Management (DCM)
- Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS)
With a KASNEB account, you will be able to:
- Register for examinations
- Access the fee structure and pay your fees. Different courses have different fees payment requirements.
- Book exams online without the tediousness of filling a couple of physical forms. What you need to do is simply click on the “register for an exam” link.
Select the course of interest, date of exam, and time. Just remember the date and time you choose will need to be limited within the KASNEB registration deadlines for their annual examinations.
- Appeal the exam marking or results:
If you think your exam was not fairly marked, you can appeal for a remark. You will be required to fill an application form to have your paper remarked.
The marking appeal form is available for download on the portal. Fill the form correctly indicating your personal details; ID number, email, phone number.
Indicate the exam, its level, date of that exam you sat for, the center of exam. And then explain in detail why you appealed for the remark.
For technician courses, remarking of the exams goes at a fee of Kshs. 5,000. The professional exams are remarked at a fee of Kshs. 7,500.
Your exams are remarked and if this time round you pass, you are entitled to a 15% refund of the remarking fee. Although the fee is paid prior to remarking – otherwise, nothing will be taken seriously.
- Reading Lists
You can as well access the reading lists on the KASNEB portal. These lists include links mostly on the left of the page on the website.
The links are for all the courses that KASNEB offers to its candidates. If you click on any of the links (you definitely need to click on the course you are undertaking), you will open a PDF to the list of books you can read.
The list of resources for that particular course has all the reading materials. So, in case you don’t find the specific e-book on the portal, you can always look for the books in libraries and bookshops.
- The KASNEB Resource Center
The resource center contains the e-KASNEB library that comes equipped with core books for preparing for the exams. Once you register on the portal, you will be definitely a bonafide member of this library.
When you click on the e-library access link, a registration form is opened. You will be required to fill in the details such as your name, ID number, the course, mobile number, and the registration number.
Filling in these details provides you instant access to all the library books. You can also gain access to important publications related to the course of study.
- Check for the Exam Results and Download results slip online
The KASNEB student account login also gives one access to the results of the examinations undertaken. On the student portal, that’s once you are signed in, go to the examination results.
Click on it and you will be able to see your results online. You can also download your results slip in case you require it at that time.
The other option to get results is through sending your registration number to 20558. A service charge of KShs.10 will be imposed.
That should be something like this: KASNEB/nac/68145 and send to 20558. Ensure that the line you are using is a Safaricom sim card.
- Find out the Expected Code of Conduct
One of the key things to strive to understand as a new student attached to KASNEB is the code of conduct. Fortunately, the rules and regulations of the body are well stipulated on the student portal.
These rules pertain to the registration and administering of the examinations, documentation among other key requirements.
For example, no student should provide falsified information while submitting their documentation. Additionally, bad student behavior and cheating in exams are serious offenses for a KASNEB candidate that may lead to disqualification from the respective program.
Make sure that you read the code of conduct carefully. It’s also good to go through KASNEB’s core values which include integrity, professionalism, customer focus, teamwork, and innovativeness.
Here are KASNEB Contacts You Need to Have:
You make inquiries just about anything you wish to know about KASNEB. Reach to them through the following contacts:
KASNEB Towers, Off Hospital Road
Postal Address: 41362 00100, Nairobi
Tel: 020 271 2640, 020 271 2828
Email: email@example.com, Complaints@kasneb.or.ke
Nyeri Center KASNEB
Phone: 254 701 698 213/737 256 315
Phone: 0701699026, 0737492586
The KASNEB portal provides you a platform to register to the examinations body and have access to the services you would rather have gone to seek at the KASNEB physical offices.
Things are changing. Technology has taken over; and for the aspiring accountancy, management, and finance student, it’s the time to make use of the portal.
Haven’t you registered? Well. Get your account today and study the course of your choice.