I’ve been an NCBA customer for nearly a year. And while I don’t transact with them as often as I do business with Equity bank, they’re just as good. In fact, the NCBA paybill number makes it easy to make payments for goods and services 24 hours a day.
The NCBA M-pesa paybill number is 880100. Use this number to make payments for goods and services wherever NCBA is available. Also, note that NCBA has a loop service, which uses the paybill number 714777. This number is strictly for depositing funds in loop accounts.
With the high level of flexibility that NCBA mobile banking offers, you don’t have to carry cash or Credit/Debit card with you.
Make cashless payments anywhere and keeps your funds secure.
What’s the NBCA Paybill Number for Mobile Banking?
The National Commercial Bank of Africa paybill number is 880100.
You should use this number to send money from your M-pesa to your bank account, or to another person’s bank account when making purchases for goods and services.
NBCA also another mobile money service called Loop, a digital wallet that allows you to make purchases online and in local stores with ease. The latest development even allows you to use NFC technology to make payments, and it’s just as secure.
Loop, however, has a different M-pesa paybill number. If you’re interested in transacting with loop, you should use 714777.
Now let us talk about how to transfer money from M-pesa to NCBA bank.
Sending Money from M-pesa to NCBA in 7 Easy Steps
Transferring money from Mpesa to NCBA is easy. And, in my experience, it should take roughly 60 seconds for the money to reflect in your bank account.
Follow these steps:
- Launch your M-pesa via the Mpesa app or Safaricom Menu.
- Select “Lipa na Mpesa.
- Enter 880100 as the Business Number.
- Enter your NCBA bank account number as the Account Number. You can also enter your phone number if you have it attached to your bank account.
- Enter the amount of money you wish to transfer from your Mpesa account to your NCBA bank account.
- Confirm your identity by providing your Mpesa PIN.
- Confirm your details and confirm the transaction.
And that’s it. You have successfully sent money from your Mpesa account to your NCBA account.
Now you only have to wait for the confirmation message regarding the deposit that you just made.
Keep in mind that M-pesa will charge you Ksh. 30 for every transaction made from your M-pesa account to NCBA bank.
How to Send Money from NBCA to M-pesa
Withdrawing money from NCBA bank to your Mpesa account is just as easy as sending money from M-pesa to NCBA.
Here are the steps that you should follow:
- On your phone, launch the NCBA app.
- Tap on the payments option.
- Choose the Send Money option.
- From the options shown, choose “To Mobile”.
- Next, select Mobile Money.
- Write your number or the number of recipient to whom you’d like to send money.
- Enter the amount of money that you would like to send to the Mpesa account.
- Confirm the transaction by providing the code NCBA sent to your line.
And that’s it. You’ll get a confirmation message from M-pesa and NCA of the transfer that you just made.
The New NCBA Mobile Banking Loop Service
The National Commercial Bank of Africa also offers a round-the-clock mobile banking service known as NCBA Loop, and it’s quite an improved service as of January 2023.
How to Withdraw Money from NCBA Loop to M-pesa
Withdrawing money from NCBA Loop to your Mpesa account and sending money to NCBA Loop from M-pesa is easy and takes only a few minutes.
Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Launch the NCBA Loop app on your iOS or Android phone.
- Log in to your account with your email or phone number and password. Tap on the payments option.
- Tap the lock icon and enter your PIN to un-blur the transaction options.
- Tap “My Accounts”.
- Within the “Payment” tab, tap “Send Money”.
- Select “To mobile” and choose Mpesa on the next screen.
Follow the prompt to complete the transaction.
As of this writing, NCBA Loop discontinued the web service. You can now access the service on your Android or iOS smartphone.
How to Deposit Money from M-pesa to NCBA Loop
To transfer money from your M-pesa to your NCBA Loop account:
- Launch your M-pesa through the Mpesa app or the Mpesa Menu.
- Select the Lipa na Mpesa option.
- Tap or select Paybill.
- Enter the Loop pay bill number (714777) as the business number.
- Enter the number of the Loop account you want to credit and enter the amount of money you wish to send to that account.
- Provide your Mpesa PIN to confirm the transaction.
As you can see, NCBA Loop and the normal NCBA bank account do not share the same pay bill number. In addition, transferring from Safaricom Mpesa to NCBA Loop attracts a transaction fee that varies based on the amount you wish to transfer.
Alternative Way to Send Money from Mpesa Your NCBA Bank Account
There are times when the Mpesa app can have technical issues, making it difficult for you to complete your transaction.
In such a case, you can use the Mpesa USSD code, which is *334#.
- Dial the USSD code *334#.
- Choose option 6 for is Lipa na Mpesa.
- Then choose option 1 for Paybill.
- Enter the Business Number 880100.
- Enter the NCBA bank account number to which you wish to send funds.
- Confirm your identity by providing your M-pesa PIN.
Now wait for Mpesa to respond with a message confirming your transaction. The NCBA bank will also send you a notification for the funds deposited to the account that you specified.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is NCBA Pay Bill Free?
No, Safaricom will deduct a total amount of Ksh. 30 from your Mpesa account each time you transfer money to any NCBA bank account.
2. Does NCBA Have a Pesa Link?
NCBA works with Pesa Link, which means that you can transfer funds from your NCBA to any bank account connected to Pesa Link.
Pesa Link is great service because it let you send large and small amounts of money at any time, including public holidays or weekends, on a real-time basis.
3. Can I Get a Loan from NCBA?
The NCBA bank offers both short-term and long-term loans to all its customers. It is also among the banks in Kenya to go for if you ever want to buy properties under a loan.
You don’t need to worry about repaying the loan because they are competitively priced with flexible payment options to fit any financial position.
- How to Deposit Money from M-pesa to Equity Bank
- How to Transfer Money from M-pesa to Corporative Bank
- How to Transfer Money from M-pesa to KCB Account
From a customer’s point of view, NCBA has made thing easier by introducing a mobile banking feature.
In particular, using the 880100 number allows you to transfer money easily and securely to yours or someone else’s bank account regardless of where you’re in Kenya.